Saturday, August 14, 2004

Synch or Swim

I just watched my first -- and probably my last -- synchronized diving event. My wife made me do it. I only stayed for the Romanian team. I think they were Romanian. Hard to tell when everyone is wearing Speedos. (Hey, we may be onto something here along the lines of a classless, Speedo-clad society.)

Anyway, I didn't want to watch in the first place for a very simple reason: You take something that's boring and stupid -- say, water ballet, for instance -- and you put two people together doing the same boring, stupid thing at the exact same time, and all of a sudden it's an Olympic event? What's up with that? Wasn't one person doing it boring enough?

I have a good mind to picket the Olympics until they add some new, challenging competitions like Poker Playing or Surfing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home